Corporate Announcement – Matt Sernaker
Five-Star is pleased to announce the promotion of Matt Sernaker to the role of Vice President, Sales Development Matt has been a valuable member of the Five-Star Team since 2014. He has over 16 years of experience in the Event Production Industry and has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Film and Digital Media from the University of California, Santa Cruz.
In his new Vice President, Sales Development role, Matt will report directly to Five-Star’s SVP, Sales & Marketing and provide a powerful combination of active property & above property sales leadership to maximize topline revenues and profitable sales in all North American Five-Star locations He will also lead successful sales presentations for new hotel acquisitions and their pre-sales activities while championing all Five-Star sales systems and our proprietary EMC Training & Certification programs.
Please join Five-Star in congratulating Matt on his advancement to the Sales & Marketing Department and the next level in his career as Vice President, Sales Development!
- University of California, Santa Cruz (2003 – 2007) Emphasis on Event Production and Audio Engineering.
- Swank Audio Visuals and PSAV (2007 – 2014) Several managerial roles with increasing responsibility including Director of Event Services, Director of Sales and Corporate Instructor
- Five-Star AudioVisual – Sales Manager, Estancia La Jolla (2014 – 2017): During his time at Estancia, Matt excelled at his role in sales ultimately assisting the team in ranking #1 in Audiovisual Services for PHG in both 2016 and 2017, with scores of 96% – 984% guest satisfaction.
- Five-Star AudioVisual – Executive Experiential Producer (2017 – 2018) Continued leading sales efforts at Estancia La Jolla, as well as leading development and implementation of Five-Star software, sales training, Experiential Method™ certification courses, and task for sales support for new hotel openings.
- Five-Star AudioVisual – National Director, Experiential Production (2018 – 2019): Led sales presentations for future hotel partnerships, development and implementation of new proprietary Five-Star Software, sales training, Experiential Method™ certification courses, and task force sales support for new hotel openings.